Tutorials

Wednesday 22 April 2015

New Samples for Oyster Stamps !!!

Hello my Lovelies.....

Long time no Blog !!!

Well I went to the Oyster Stamps Retreat about a month ago and I had a fantastic time and along the way I managed to catch the Flu Virus that was doing the rounds..... Luckily for me I didn't get the Flu just a heavy cold but boy did it knock me for six !!!..... As I say I was one of the lucky ones as some of the Ladies got the Flu so badly that it saw them in bed for a week and suffering for another one too !!!

Well that is in the past, thankfully and for the last couple of weeks I have been making samples for Oyster Stamps Demo Day where I was demoing and what a fantastic time I had chatting to the Customers and helping them part with their money, Oh and I had some fun spending mine too !!!.....

Here are the samples I made and for the MDF Peacock Heart I used the beautiful HeartFelt Creations Rubber Stamp Set Peacock Swirl.... Code HCPC 3660 and also the HeartFelt Creations Feathery Peacock Stamp Set.... Code HCPC 3662 and they are both available from Oyster Stamps along with the MDF Hearts...... here's the link www.oysterstamps.co.uk ......
I mounted the Distressed inked stencilled background onto a MDF Heart and then layered the 5 hand painted and cut designs and cut away pieces to bring them to life with a 3D look.....The colours of the Distress Inks I used was Scattered Straw and Spun Sugar and then blend beautiful together to give make a lovely apricot colour..... I then used stickles to hi-light the centres of the flowers, feathers and leaves......pretty isn't it !!! .....




......and for the 3 Cards I made I have used the Penny Black Clear Stamp Set called "Stitches" and again they are available from Oyster Stamps..... This little set contains 3 super cute little Fairies and I really enjoyed making these cutesy characters and displaying them on the pretty backgrounds..... The Stamp set is a 5" x 6.5" Clear Set of Stamps and the Code for these is PB30303.....
The backgrounds were made using Aquawax stencilled through various stencils which then creates a resistance to the inks or in this case I used Brusho paints and in the flowers where I wanted to paint a different colour to make them stand out, I removed the colour with bleach and then painted them again with a contrasting colour in the Brusho's..... The Stamps I used for the background are PaperArtsy Jofy Stamps Collections 26 & 33..... Oh and I nearly forgot I used Ryn's Hibiscus Stamps for the large flower..... how could I nearly forgot them as they are just so beautiful.....


 



I am hoping that things will quieten down a little in the next few weeks once I have done demoing at the Sincerely Yours Paper Craft Show next Sunday 26th April at Maidstone and then the Sunday after on 3rd May I am doing my own Workshop at Oyster Stamps and how excited am I..... I just hope everything goes to plan, cross you fingers for me !!! ..... After that I will be back making more samples to give you some inspiration and until then be good and take care and thanks for popping by.....

Lots of love to you all

Marianne xxx
 

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic makes Marianne, love the heart best, such amazing fussy cutting xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianne, so pleased you are better now. Love all these creations but the heart is stunning! Love the beautiful colours you have used and the images are so elegant. Just love it! Hope you have a lovely weekend Hun.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, fabulous work . I SOOO love your stuff!! .. It must take hours but looks so wonderful! ..
    See you tomorrow !
    Eileen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne you are an inspiration. Your patience with all that cutting out!! Mind you I like a bit of "proper" cutting out and have the Pansies good to go ( soon!)!!
    It's quite therapeutic isn't it? See you soon
    Barbara
    xx

    ReplyDelete