Tutorials

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Tim's Flower Garden .....

Evening All.....

I was trying to get these finished for you over the weekend and Bank Holiday so that it may have given you some inspiration to have a go yourself at creating some lovely cards not necessarily using the same stamps but just the techniques that I used.....

For these I used the beautiful Tim Holtz CMS215 Stampers Anonymous Cling Mounted Stamp Set - Flower Garden Stamp and I just adore these flower stamps so much..... I think I have a soft spot for the Daisy Stamp although I love them all.....

I just had to use them all as I didn't know which to start with ..... which is why I held back until I completely finished all the cards so I could share these with you so you could see the beauty of the whole stamp set.....

I started by stamping the Flower Heads as the stems come separate which is a great idea as that way you can place them anywhere you want and then add the stems afterwards..... I then painted the Flower Heads with masking fluid ( I used the Pebeo one the same as Sheena Douglass does as it is water based and therefore it makes the brushes easy to clean afterwards) and then once dried I stamped the stems as that way there is no criss-crossing of parts of the stamp and you will get perspective with the images..... I then used a long bristled paint brush to splash some spots of masking fluid over the rest of the background...... For 3 of the backgrounds I mixed loads of water with the coloured distress inks I chose and then splodged the card in it to make the random splodgy messes, lol.... and for the other 3 I blended colours together and then pulled the small ink pads gently from the edges for a random striped pattern..... Once they were all dried I then gently rubbed the masking fluid off which left the white spots and of course the flowers and stems which I then painted using distress inks in my chosen colours..... Highlights were added in with gold and silver sparkle pens and then I added some coloured sequins and diamantes to add interest.  

Thanks for popping by and go on give it a go don't worry about the stamps you have but just have a go at creating those interesting backgrounds and don't forget to give me a nod so I can have a look at your beautiful creations too !!!

Must fly as I have 3 days to get ready for a 12 hours Card Making Event to raise monies and cards for the Charity to sell and the proceeds go to Demelza House Childrens Hospice and also the Ferret Rescue Centre and believe me they both need as much money as we can raise..... Wish me Good Luck as I know I will need it to get me through the long week ahead.....

Tat ta for now and until the next time .....Big big hugs xxx















4 comments:

  1. WOW Marianne - what a beautiful collection of cards...You have given such detail for the techniques. I love the "splodge the card" technique!! See you on Saturday..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely "blooming' marvellous!!!! Wonderful explanation of technique, thank-you. Hope to see you next month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic .. I love Tim's flowers and you know just how to showcase them!
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing set of cards Marianne, beautiful images and gorgeous colours.
    Love the yellow daisy in particular. Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete