Tutorials

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Open Day at Oyster Stamps ...... What a Fantastic Day it was too !!!

Morning all.... Well it was when I started this and blow me down my Laptop crashed and I lost the lot..... not a happy bunny now but the show must go on so I shall count to 10 and start again !!!

So here we go...... Stop go grab a cuppa as you could be here a little while, lol !!!

We had a fantastic day last Sunday at Oyster Stamps Open Day and boy do they know how to put on a show..... There we were setting up when the doors opened and all the lovely Crafters came in and was there some crowds !!! The Sun shone and it was even warm enough for us to enjoy lunch out in the car park where we could have a chat with all the lovely Crafters ..... What a fabulous day and I can't wait till the next time and hopefully it won't be too far away.....

I had spent the last week enjoying making my samples and I think it is time now to share these with you so here goes..... I hope by you browsing through these they give you some inspiration to go have a go yourself .....

1. Penny Black Sling Slapstick Cling - Dear Friend ..... I have used distress Inks in Shaded Lilac and Wild Honey which I think they go well together ..... I scribbled the colour onto a white tile and painted with the inks by adding a little drop of water and it gives that water colour effect..... I used a Imagination Crafts stencil on the background and also on the matting and layering just to add interest. The Sentiment is from a Phill Martin's set of Sentiment Stamps and a couple of gems to add the bling .....




 
 
2. Heartfelt Creations HCPC3587 - Raindrops on Roses Window Pre cut set ..... This is a pretty little stamp that I couldn't help but want to use. I stamped and painted it again with Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Shaded Lilac, Weathered Wood, Gathered Twigs and Vintage Photo and then layered the window up with the pretty little roses on then staggered so show depth.....





3. Heartfelt Creations HCPC3641 - Heartthrob Precut set....
Background Stencil - Donna Downey Signature Stencils 8.5"X8.5"Garden Table (Code: 172051)

On this card I chose to use Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens in a couple of shades of Pink / Fuchsia and Greens and mix them on a tiles with a little drop of water and again painted the colour onto the image..... I stencilled the background using Distress Inks in Old Paper Spun Sugar and Bundled Sage. The words were put together using again the Alphabet Stamp Set of Phill Martins, it's such a handy little set to have.....


 
 
4. Heartfelt Creations - HCPC3573 Burnished Keyhole Precut Set ..... What a pretty little stamp this is. I used Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens to paint the image with and then hi - lighted with a Sparkle Gel Pen in Silver and Blue and boy do they sparkle ..... I then added a couple of silver gems for added bling .....



 
5. Heartfelt Creations - HCPC3570 Floral Doorway & Latch Precut Set
Sentiment Heartfelt Creations - HCPC3573 Burnished Keyhole Precut Set

Once again I used Distress Inks to paint with ..... Colours used Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Bundled Sage, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey and Peeled Paint..... Sparkle Gel Pens add the shine to give the handle the metallic look .....





 
6. Stampendous Stamp - Jumbo Amaryllis ..... I used Spectrum Noir Pens to colour the flowers..... The stencil in the background was a Stamposaurus Stencil and I used Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw then added some pink and gold gems to add the bling !!!





7. Penny Black Slapstick Cling - Botanical Notes ..... What a pretty little stamp this is. I painted the images with Distress inks in a couple of Blues and a mixture of Greens to add some shading and graduation in them. Spun Sugar and a touch of Worn Lipstick was used in the flowers and then the sparkle was added with the Sparkle Gel Pens in Gold, Pink and Blue .....
 

 

 
7. Penny Black Slapstick Cling - Bubble Boy ..... I love this little stamp. He is so cute and a dream to use..... I used 3 Distress Inks to colour him, Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold and the background stencil is an Ali Reeve one from her second set of Patchwork stencils..... The background is just the Distress Inks blended together. The pretty little bubbles were coloured with pastel coloured Distress Pens and I then hi - lighted then with the Sparkle Gel Pens to make them glisten .....
 





 
  Well that's it folks as I have now done this twice as I never saved it as I went along, a good lesson learned for next time...... Hope you have enjoyed my Samples and I will be back real soon and thank you all so much for your support and interest ...... Love you all loads xxx

















5 comments:

  1. Wow, wow and wow, what an amazing selection, your decoupage is perfection, you must be so patient? Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ha Zoe..... Patience is not one of my virtues but only with this ..... Thank you for the lovely comments, I really appreciate it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so gorgeous, great to know the colours you used.....thankyou, also for the great inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW YOUR WORK IS SO AMAZING AND SO STUNNING, I LOVE ALL YOUR FANTASTIC MAKES XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much Tracey and Lise for you kind comments xxx

    ReplyDelete