Tutorials

Sunday 25 January 2015

January 2015 .........Boy, what a Month this has been !!!

This Month didn't start off very good for me as I had Major Surgery on 30.12.14 and boy was I in pain........ But after a few weeks of pain killers things have got somewhat easier and although I am still unable to do normal things at least I am able to drop some of the pain killers so I can stay awake longer and do some of the things that I enjoy like my Crafting....... This is been so valuable for me as it has taken my mind off my pain and I have been able to lose myself for a while in whatever I am making......

My Husband Steve persuaded me to go to my Friend Eileen's Workshop a couple of weeks after my Surgery and although I really wasn't up for going due to the pain thing we had been stuck indoors since before Christmas as I wasn't that good and very uncomfortable so I decided to go even if it was only for a few hours...... It was the tonic that I needed a little bit of Crafting with all my Crafting Buddies...... Steve toddled off to explore Rochester for the day whilst I played with my Inks and Paints and made a lovely set of Coasters (even if I say so myself....I really love these)...... I didn't do too well at the Workshop as my pain got the better of me so I took my Coasters home and completed them there in the next few days......

Well I really don't understand what happened next as all of a sudden I was inundated with lovely comments about my Coasters that I had shared on Facebook to my Friends to see. I then got a call from my Friend Martine who works at Oyster Stamps and she asked me if I would like to go on their Design Team and I accepted gracefully, and so it all started....... Then Roy from Candy Box Crafts who make the MDF Coasters contacted me and asked if he could share my set of Coasters onto his Facebook page and of course I agreed..... well why wouldn't I !!! .......  I shared these with a few other Facebook Pages one being Lavina Stamps and Tracey who owns the Business made contact and asked if she could share these to her website and also I agreed as I was so elated that someone like Tracey loved what I had done with her stamps......

A couple of days past and guess who made contact with me one evening yes it was Tracey from Lavina Stamps asking if I would consider joining her Design Team and I didn't have to be asked twice....... I was so excited I could have Pee'd my Pants...... Never have I worked on a Design Team and within a week I got asked not once but twice, just how lucky am I !!!

I have now made 2 more sets of Coasters for Oyster Stamps using Designs By Ryn Rubber Stamps. First set was made with the Flower set and the second set I used was the Faeries Set of stamps and I must say I was pleased with how they turned out...... Blow me down I then had an email from Ryn of Designed By Ryn Rubber Stamps asking me if she can share my work on her Website and once again I was over the moon......

I spend 4 days on the laptop with people making lovely comments and asking me how I made them, where can they buy the MDF Coasters from and what Stamps had I used...... It seems that my work has been liked and commented on all over the UK and also now in USA and Canada and by all kinds of people young and old...... I have been asked by people to make them sets and if only I had all the time in the world I could do this but time limited.......

Anyway now that I have started my blog up I am hoping to do this on a regular basis so please put my Blog in your favourites and pop back from time to time to have a nosey and hopefully you will see more of my creations......

Thank you all so very much for your kind comments and support..... this truly has been an amazing start to 2015 for me........

Love you all loads
Marianne xxx

8 comments:

  1. WOW WHAT A START TO 2015!!! YOUR WORK IS OUTSTANDING AND SO GORGEOUS, I CAN SEE WHY THEY ARE ALL AFTER YOU, I HAVE FOLLOW YOUR BLOG SO WILL POP OVER TO HAVE A LOOK, WELL DONE BEAUTIFUL XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind Lise and so glad you are going to take a look from time to time......it's good to be able to share our creative journey together xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh Marianne! What an amazing week you had and what a great boost to your recovery after such an awful time with the hospital. You must feel like you're floating on cloud nine. Think you might owe Steve big time for encouraging you to go to Eileen's workshop! Just look what happened as a result. Of course you wouldn't have been inundated with all those requests if you weren't so talented, mind. Your artwork on the coaster sets is phenomenal and your rewards are well deserveded. I will definitely be adding your blog to my favourites.
    Best wishes. Jeanette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww Jeanette that is so kind of you to say......if I could go back 3 weeks I would never in my wildest dreams have imagined this could have happened to me.......I do owe Steve a big thank you and Eileen too as if I hadn't gone and she did try to talk me out if it due to my surgery and me not being fit for anything..... I really am just so grateful to them both..... Believe me these kind of things don't usually happen to me but I'm so pleased that it has and I keep pinching myself....... Anyway thanks again for your kind words Jeanette, I really appreciate them xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm over the moon for you my crafty mate... all so well deserved .
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...just needed the push and shove, lol xxx

      Delete
  4. Wow Marianne, that's a wonderful blog. So friendly. I'm popping you into my faves..... well I will when I've worked out how. Lol. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie....you are so kind and glad you are enjoying my blog so far xxx

      Delete